BEHIND THE SCENES: The 1st Christmas @ Imaginarium
Christmas is coming! Here’s a sneak peek on what went on behind the scenes as the team put all the amazing décor together for our 1st Heart of God Church Christmas @ Imaginarium!
Did you know…
1. In order to save $1000, the team built the roof of Santa’s Cottage all by themselves! It took 10 people over 10 hours to construct and put up the roof. That’s commitment right there!
2. The “wooden planks” of Santa’s Cottage are actually not real planks. They are painted on to give the cottage a more rustic feel! Jessica—design and paint extraordinaire—mixed the colours to get the exact shade we needed and painted the life-like planks. She even trained a whole team of other volunteers on how to paint the wood planks like pros. We love the Creativity in Heart of God Church! But we love the heart to train even more!
3. For our amazing infinity room, there are 10 strands of 10m fairy lights in there! That is a total of 100m of lights! It took our committed volunteers, Bing Rong and Kenneth, over 10 tries to achieve the perfect to-infinity-and-beyond look!
5. A total of 20 people in 5 ministries and departments – Events, Décor, Facilities Management and Lights – joined efforts to put the whole Christmas décor in the atrium together. Truly, teamwork makes the dream work!
We have other surprises in store for you this weekend! When you come for our Christmas services at Heart of God Church, keep a look out for the traffic ushers, ushers and worship team because they have something up their sleeves just for you!
- Heart of God Church Launches Joint Community Programmes With Khalid Mosque and Geylang United Temple10000Heart of God Church (HOGC) launched three joint community programmes with Khalid Mosque and Geylang United Temple at our inaugural HOGC Youth & Community Event. The programmes are part of efforts to forge strong ties with our neighbours regardless of race or religion and to help the residents in our…
- 10000“In Heart of God Church, we want to give our youths the opportunity, environment, equipment and encouragement to experiment and discover their gifts and talents. In the process, they also learn that maturity comes with the acceptance of responsibility and not with age. They grow to be competent and confident.…